Friday, February 13, 2009

The next one

Discarding my earlier plan of a totally anonymous blog (after noting zero visits to my blog!), here I am again! In case you noticed the overt use of exclamations in my post(s), here is an explanation. You know, I think some people are born slightly autobiographical...I mean, they're the ones who believe that others would be interested in their thoughts and actions and that they need to therefore be written down for posterity.
Well, I am one of those souls. Only, I'm one of those who took this to such a level that some time into childhood, I almost always had a narrative of my life running through my head, all the time! This was so overwhelming that I decided there was no possible way that I could record all that I felt, or all that happened. And anything lesser would be injustice. Thus, no diary, no blog.
But one matures with age...and when I realised recently how much I enjoyed my favourite hobby of reading others blogs, and on receiving comments such as the one mentioned in my earlier post - I decided to have one too. I guess at one point you realise that everything cannot be perfect and yet you need to make a start. Anyway, after the above epic on the history of my blog, I decided to start off my blog with some thanksgiving. You see, I have realised that happiness is a choice, and one learns slowly to appreciate the small things in life and then moves on to bigger ones. So here's a list of small things in my life which make me immensely happy!


1. Driving down Pondy Bazaar in Chennai,on a scooter, on a sunny morning watching the shadows of the huge trees play on the road.
2. Entering an air conditioned room after a long ride on a hot day.
3. Holding my infant cousin and playing with her and making her laugh.
4. Eating lunch at office with my colleagues who are also my friends from college.
5. Taking my dog out for a relaxed walk at night.
6. Walking on the terrace after waking early in the morning.
7. Thinking of an upcoming train journey to another town/city.
8. Laughing together while watching F.R.I.EN.D.S with my own friends!
9. Talking to a good friend on the phone at night after a long time.
10. Singing out loud, despite a sore throat while having the helmet on!
Wanted to get to ten somehow and just managed! More to come - rest in next!

1 comment:

  1. u pulled it off finally..... i hav been thinkin abt startin one of my own... but there's been this debate for a long time. A blog is for putting down my thoughts or for writing down somethin that other's would be interested to read....

    ReplyDelete