Monday, June 8, 2009

Holidays!

Of all the things I have missed since I started working, holidays top the list. Earlier there were always the long holidays to look forward to, when there would be trips to plan and enjoy. Now for the past one year of work, a holiday has been an elusive goal.

But finally, after a year of compromise, I took a break with my family and took off to Yelagiri for the weekend. And realised for the first time, what a holiday is really about. Yelagiri is a beautiful place, close enough to the cities of Bangalore and Chennai not to tire you, yet far enough to make you leave the city behind. Its not as breathtaking as the cold hill stations of the north, and yet it's greenery and fresh air refresh you as well as any of them.

Maybe it was just the time and place - it was a well deserved weekend for the first time with the entire family (my dog Bingo included!)which has been my long time goal. And I realised for the first time what people mean when they talk of taking a break from work and enjoying a holiday. It's not necessary to see all the places around or do everything there is to do (was hoping to catch paragliding if it were possible though) Visiting a few places and then relaxing in the garden or indoors watching a movie, can be just as rejuvenating! Sometimes it's good to relax in the middle of hurrying about life and take things slow. Glad I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment